We had a long weekend up here and we had a great time. The kids were both sick with a 24 hour bug on Friday, so we tried to find something relaxing to do on Saturday. We decided to take the kids to see their first movie. We took them to Kung Fu Panda. It was pretty interesting. We got there after the movie started, so Kirsten was terrified to go into the dark and noisy theatre. After about 30 mins of slowly inching closer and closer, Brian finally got her to come in, and from then on she loved it. At the end of the movie, both of them were in the aisles dancing (
shocking, I know).
On Sunday, we tried to take them fishing. Neither Brian nor I are what you would call "the fishing type". It was pretty funny. It took us about an hour just to get the reels set up and ready. The kids were very patient, but we had to strap Kirsten into the wagon after 5 mins. because she tried to go for a swim. On Monday, we went to Rib Fest. There are a lot of BBQ vendors from all over the US and Canada (yum,yum) that come set up and there is music, games and rides for the kids.
Now, if you actually read all of this, I hope you enjoy the pictures that follow.
HERE WE ARE FISHING, (well trying to fish)





Time to go home.




Fun and games at RibFest. Kirsten loves rides, but Aidan, not so much. The cars were the only thing he rode on. He did enjoy them though.
He Shoots...........
He Scores!!!!! Brian is one of the few people I know who can actually make the basket at these games. He won Aidan a guitar.
Kirsten & Shea on the motorcycles.
Kirsten and I, Melissa and Shea on the rollercoaster.

Skee-Ball anyone?
1 comment:
looks like you had a great time! I loved watching Kirsten dance...too cute!! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment