We got a huge winter storm yesterday and we were snowed in. We tried to make the best of it by playing games, having chips and dip and making chocolate cake. It was a fun day (at least for those of us who got to stay in the house nice and warm). It took Brian, his brother and his dad about 3 1/2 hours to clear all of the snow. It was crazy. But I think it is safe to say that we will be having a white Christmas this year.
Kirsten wanted to go outside so badly. She watched Brian clear the snow for at least an hour.
After the storm comes the fun part. We got to go out and play in all of the white stuff. I am still getting used to winters up here. It took forever to get ready with the snowsuits, boots, hats, mittens, scarves, extra socks, ets. just to go out for about 20 mins. But I guess as long as the kids have fun, right?????


3 comments:
Oh, I am SO jealous that you have snow! It really makes me miss New Hampshire. I'm glad the kids had fun though. Love, Linda
Hi Jenna! I know that you guys are SO happy to have your parents there for Christmas and New Years Eve. We miss them but are glad that they get to spend time with Kirsten and Aidan. I remember how excited I got when they came to visit us in New Hampshire. Are you guys still getting snow? I don't think that we will get any this winter but I hope to be pleasantly surprised. Anyways, I was out fighting the crowds at Toys R Us and Target today for seven hours. I actually fell asleep standing in the checkout line at Target! Before that I took Mavis out to one of those paint your own ceramic thing stores so she could make Billy a present. She wanted to paint him a Redskins football helmet, but they were out out of helmets so she picked out a rainbow instead. She painted for about 3 minutes before she noticed a chalkboard and asked if I would mind finishing her present while she played. I was surprised at how much fun I had painting. She wants to paint something for Mom and Dad before they get back. Anyways, I've rambled on enough. I hope that you are all having a GREAT time together! Please make me a lemon icebox cake and have your parents bring it back for me. :) Give everyone hugs and kisses from me. Love, Linda
Hello all of you in Canada! Hopefully your all safe and warm in your igloo...hee hee. We miss you and can't wait to see you in February. Sorry I haven't been able to comment alot, it's been a busy week here too. love you and make sure you call me this week. Kisses to everyone.
Post a Comment